Monday, February 25, 2013

High cholesterol and what to do!

A few weeks ago I had my cholesterol tested and was told that it was slightly high. What to do? I investigated different remedies and decided to introduce some changes into my diet. After consulting my book  'The Healing Remedies Sourcebook'  Click here to see the book I decided to eat porridge for breakfast every day and have a daily drink of barley water. The many benefits of the barley water (according to the book) were very interesting. It can be used to:

1. ease a cough
2. treat cystitis
3. promote normal functioning of the heart and is able to stabilise blood pressure
among other things.

But most interestingly it is a traditional remedy for constipation and diarrhea. How this works will need to be investigated.

I knew that barley water was used in the olden days BUT I did not know that it had so many benefits!

 If I keep up my intake of oats and barley water I am hoping that my cholesterol levels will get better.

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu!