Sunday, June 23, 2013

On the importance of water quality!


Do you ever think of what the water taste like when you drink it?

I certainly do and I think it comes from trying to observe the taste sensation or with a fancy name called the gustatory sensation. If the water is alkaline it has such a smooth and silken flavour. I took my daughters to lunch on the odd occasion at the Wholefoods Café in Geelong which was a favourite outing of mine. To the tasty lunch food they supplied fantastic water from Zazen:


The interesting fact is that the water here at Mum's place taste very similar. In my naivety I’d like to think that it means that the water is similar to the Zazen water. Full of important minerals, trace elements and slightly alkaline. The alkalinity is important to help the body cope with the acidity modern people get exposed to through take-away foods.

Most people think of Australia as a clean and beautiful place. I do too and it mostly is. But you need to be aware that we have been polluting the environment for quite a while now and the sad fact is that the pollutants have accumulated in for example the water. So to be on the safe side, I used to filter the water as much as I could.  I used to buy new filter cartridges to my daughters ‘Brita water bottle’ to encourage her to always filter her water. 

The importance can be illustrated by this quote from some educated people from the Zazen website:

“We live on the Liverpool Plans in NSW. My husband, a Geologist, and I tested our tank water and found lead, arsenic & cadmium plus other nasties in it. YOU MUST filter your water!”
Pauline Roberts PhD., BSc. (Hons), DBM
Naturopath and Scientific Researcher
 


If anyone at home in Australia is wondering about the water supply here in Sweden I can report that when they bore the well here at Mum's place they made it 54 m deep. This means that there is no shortage of water. I can shower as long as I want. Not like the water restrictions in Australia with buckets in the shower and 4 minutes suggested limit to save water.

Mum has a habit of letting the water run out of the tap for quite a while to make it nice and cold before she pours a glass to drink. Such a luxury to have a good supply of clean water. I find it hard to watch this clean water just run out of the tap knowing that there are so many people in the world with shortage of clean water.